It is the obligation of CPEL to compensate for delivery delay, item loss or shortage, content damage unless they are caused by the customers. CPEL will not compensate for indirect and consequential losses.
Compensation will not be applied to such circumstances as below:
Compensation Criteria for Domestic EMS Shipments:
- Service failures caused by force majeure (insured items excluded);
- Confiscation of prohibited or restricted goods by governmental agencies according to law;
- Items already delivered with intact rapping and delivery procedures fulfilled in accordance with regulations;
- Delay, damage or loss due to the error of customers or the nature of the contents;
- Compensation claimed out of the period of validity and during which inquiries had not been requested;
- The items were detained, sequestrated or destroyed by country of destination in the light of their law.
Compensation Criteria for International EMS Shipments:
- The customers will be compensated for item loss, shortage or content damage according to the actual value of the loss for insured shipments. The maximum compensation fees shall not exceed the insured value;
- Compensation for item loss, shortage or content damage will be handled according to the actual value of the loss for uninsured shipments, Postal Law, Rules for Implementation of Postal Law, and related regulations. The maximum compensation fees will not exceed third times of the paid postage. Postage (excluding packaging fee, insurance fee and other valued-added charges) is refunded in the case of delivery delay;
- CPEL takes no responsibility for compensating other losses or indirect losses. Delivery delay caused by incomplete or wrong sending or receiving address or telephone number will not be compensated.
Compensation Criteria for LTL:
- Delivery delay: 50% of postage paid
- Loss or damage of document shipments: CNY400 per piece
- Loss or damage of merchandise shipments without declared value: CNY400 per piece
- Loss or damage of merchandise shipments with declared value: declared value with CNY 500+60*W (w: weight presented in integer kilogram) per piece as the maximum
- Postage and special tracking fee are refunded in case of item loss or damage.
Compensation Criteria for Contract Logistics
- If the consigner authorizes CPEL to obtain insurance according to declared value of shipments, CPEL will compensate the consigner according to the loss evaluated by insurance companies;
- If the consigner purchases insurance, CPEL may provide proof documents to assist insurance claim;
- The consigner will be compensated CNY 20 per kilo for the loss of uninsured shipments, with the maximum compensation of CNY 100 per shipment.
Compensation for contract logistics items will be paid in compliance with cooperation agreements.